Monday, November 24, 2008

weary

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9

It does seem like it's easy to grow weary of doing good, doesn't it? Especially if it's never recognized or acknowleged. But this verse promises that sowing good will reap good...in due season. That "good season" might not be until later, much later, maybe not until after our time on this earth is finished. But it will come, no doubt about it, and we can trust God for the harvest - a plentiful harvest when we keep on sowing and don't give up.

Lord, give me strength today to do good, whether or not anyone even notices. You notice, Lord, and that's enough for me. Help me to sow good. And not just so I can reap a harvest of good, but just because that's my job for as long as I'm here, the job you have given me to do, and I want to honor you in everything I do - every single step I take, every breath I take, I want to praise you, my Lord and my God. I love you!!

No comments: