Monday, November 24, 2008

focus

"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God." Psalm 42:11

Whenever we wonder why everything seems to be against us, when we're discouraged because life isn't what we had hoped for, when we feel rejected or anxious or depressed, when we disappoint ourselves and don't live up to who we know we ought to be, the problem truly is that we have lost our focus. If we keep our focus on God and remember that he is in control and that he loves us more than we can ever understand, then the "things of earth will grow strangely dim," and we can regain our joy in life.

It reminds me of this:

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of his glory and grace."

Lord, help me today, moment by moment, to keep my eyes upon you, my thoughts focused on working for you in whatever I'm doing, my heart full of your love, remembering the fullness of your love for me and that the plans you have for me are for good and not for my destruction...even when I can't see that for myself, help me, Lord, to remember that it's true.

Thank you, Lord, for your grace.

No comments: